Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The only reason I don't absolutely hate life drawing is that I can sometimes salvage one of the sketches I do.

Generally I'm embarrassingly bad when it comes to figure drawing (but I am getting better... I think), but every so often (like 1 in 200 drawings) I don't completely hate one. Here is an example using my latest drawing:

This is a drawing I did from a live model back in March/April. It's a five minute pose and it's probably one of my best all year (oh lordy, that's so sad to admit).


So I took a photo of it and reworked the concept & sketch in Photoshop CS4. I came up with this, a redesign of my characters "Dante & Milton".


Next step is clean up/inking it with the pen tool in Photoshop.


Then after a few hours of colouring, it's complete.


Now I guess I should get back to doing something more productive. I'm halfway through the first week of year 2 and I've promised myself I'm not going to slack off this year.

Cheers
-Max